The Conference Committee is preparing to meet later this week to resolve differences between the House and Senate budgets. The Conference Committee membership includes our own Rep. Stephen Kulik (Vice Chair of House Ways and Means) and Rep. Todd Smola (from Hampden, Hampshire and Worcester County). Also, please contact Senate President Stan Rosenberg and then your own legislators to urge them to advocate for these priorities with Conference Committee members (also including Rep. Dempsey, Senator Spilka, Senator DiDomenico, Senator deMacedo).
Click here for a document that lays out the Network priorities vis-a-vis the House and Senate budgets and our current requests. In summary, our top priorities include:
- Secure Jobs Initiative: adopt Senate budget of $850,000 in the line-item and $750,000 allocated from the Housing Trust Fund
- Individual shelter funding: adopt a provision that ensures any additional unencumbered funds in the line-item are allocated to shelter and service providers (as opposed to outside earmarks)
- Local Consortiums: adopt the Senate budget of $1 million
- Youth Housing and Services: adopt the Senate budget of $2 million
- RAFT expansion: adopt the Senate budget of $13 million that will provide prevention services to individuals
- The Western MA Network: adopt the House budget of $125,000
You can find your legislator here.
Thank you for your advocacy during this critical time!