The Legislature’s overrides of the Governor’s vetoes must originate in the House of Representatives with two-thirds of the body voting in support. Then the Senate must follow with a two-thirds vote as well. Now is the time to contact your Representative to urge him/her to support overrides of our Network priorities impacting homelessness (go here to find your legislator).
Please urge your representative to override the Governor’s vetoes to:
- The Network ($125,000 veto)
- Berkshire Regional Housing Authority ($150,000 veto)
- Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Housing and Services ($675,000 veto, thereby eliminating the program)
- RAFT ($2 million veto, eliminating expanded eligibility to the elderly, persons with disabilities and unaccompanied homeless youth)
- Housing Consumer Education Centers (HCECs) ($180,000 veto from the line-item eliminating earmarks and more from Foreclosure Prevention Counseling line-item veto of $800,000)
- Tenancy Preservation Project ($125,000 veto)
- Home and Healthy for Good: $40,000 veto
Also, please click here to participate in the MA Coalition for the Homeless’ one minute action.
Thank you for your advocacy!