Let’s join our partners across the country in this quick action, thanks to the National Low Income Housing Coalition, to act before December 16 to avoid the risk of a shutdown of the federal government and win critical resources for affordable housing and homelessness programs. It will take a minute to be counted, so let’s take the minute and BE COUNTED!
More from the NLIHC:
Contact your members of Congress and urge them to enact an FY23 spending bill by December 16 with significant increases to HUD’s affordable housing and homelessness programs, including NLIHC’s top priorities:
- Full funding for the Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) program to renew all existing vouchers and to expand assistance to an additional 140,000 households.
- $3.6 billion for HUD’s Homeless Assistance Grants program to address the needs of people experiencing homelessness.
- Full funding for the Public Housing Capital Fund to preserve public housing, as well as for the Public Housing Operating Fund.
- $100 million for legal assistance to prevent evictions.
- $300 million for HUD’s competitive tribal housing program, targeted to tribes with the greatest needs.
Use NLIHC’s Take Action page to send an email to or call your members of Congress and demand they enact an FY23 budget with these vital resources!