National Alliance to End Homelessness Performance Improvement Clinic Coming to Massachusetts
One Family, Inc and the Massachusetts Interagency Council on Housing and Homelessness are excited to announce that we will be bringing the National Alliance to End Homelessness to Massachusetts to deliver its Performance Improvement Clinic to our community of practice. The goal of the clinic is to help our family homelessness system prepare for upcoming changes in shelter, prevention and re-housing programs that will result from the FY 13 state budget process as well as from the implementation of the HEARTH Act. The 1.5 day clinic will focus solely on family homelessness and will include topics such as:
- Implementation of a targeted homelessness prevention program
- How to get to shorter shelter stays for families
- How to re-house a family with a $4,000 or $6,000 benefit (depending on what comes out of the final FY 13 budget)
- Family stabilization
For the clinic the Alliance is preparing a customized and data-driven curriculum for our community and will be utilizing DHCD data as well as provider and consumer survey data to inform curriculum development. While we recognize that not everyone will be able to attend the clinic, we hope to have as many voices inform the clinic as possible. One way to include many perspectives is by filling out provider and consumer surveys. We are asking EA and HomeBASE providers to help us out with this by asking their front line and program management staff to complete the online providers’ survey.
Additionally, we are looking to gather consumer input by asking families in EA shelters or HomeBASE programs to complete the consumer survey. Click here to download a paper survey (rather than online) which you can print, fill out and email back to One Family. If it’s easier, families can also access the consumer survey online.
Both surveys are due on July 9th. We recognize that this survey is only provided in English, we have asked for the survey in other languages but the Alliance is unable to provide them at this time.
Please note that both surveys are confidential and will go directly to the Alliance (not One Family or any individual program). The Alliance will make the aggregated survey responses available to the community but no identifiers will be distributed.
Please contact Emily Cohen with any questions and we thank you for your assistance!
More information on the Performance Improvement Clinic:
- Location: The Hoagland-Pincus Conference Center at University of Massachusetts Medical School in Shrewsbury, MA
- Date and Time: Tuesday September 11th from 9am-5pm and Wednesday September 12th from 9am-1pm (participants should plan to attend both days)
- Target Audience: Executive Directors and Program Directors from family shelters and HomeBASE agencies, private and community funders, advocates and state agency representatives. Space is limited to the first 120 registrants but accommodations will be made as needed to ensure that all regions of the state are represented.
- Cost: Requested donation of $60 per person, but no person or organization will be turned away because of inability to pay
- Registration – Stay tuned for more information