Massachusetts Community Colleges Present: Keys to Ending Homelessness Conference Series
Conference #2: Education, Employment, and Business Incentives
January 21, 2010 – Holyoke Community College Kittredge Center,
PeoplesBank Conference Center, 3rd Floor, 303 Homestead Avenue Holyoke, MA
8:30 AM: Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 AM: Welcome & Opening Remarks
9:15 AM: Bill Miller, Executive Director, Friends of the Homeless, Inc.
10: 15 AM – 11:15 AM Concurrent Workshops:
- Employment Program Initiatives
Father Bills Career Center Initiative, Paul Key, Workforce Development Coordinator &
Linda Boucher, Employment Specialist
- Possible Solutions for CORI Employment Challenge,
David Sullivan, MA parole Board, Director of Re-employment
- Innovative Training & Certificate Programs at Community Colleges
Freddy Gonzales, Roxbury community College
Keith Hensley, Holyoke Community College
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Comprehensive Training/Housing Linked Programs: Saunders School
Jodi Hill, COMPASS for Kids
- Business Incentives & Marketing of Federal Work Opportunity Tax Credits
David O’Toole, Labor Cost Control, Inc.
- GoodWill Industries Programs
12:30 PM: Luncheon with Guest Speaker: Michelle Botus
Check http://thecenter-hcc.org/conf/upcoming.htm for information on the conference and how to register on line.