JOB POSTING: NETWORK DATA AND DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
The Western Massachusetts Network to End Homelessness is seeking a consultant to coordinate the Network’s data & development initiative. The position will average 6 consulting hours per week. Responsibilities include:
1. Under the direction of the Network Steering Committee and Network Coordinator, facilitating regular data and evaluation committee meetings that focus on monitoring Network goals, objectives, benchmarks and indicators while assisting Coordinator with identifying funding opportunities to enhance our capacity to meet these goals and objectives;
2. Gathering, interpreting, and using quantitative data to measure the Network’s progress and assess the Network’s impact on reducing homelessness in Western MA;
3. Assisting the Network in its sustainability efforts through involvement with grant-related activities (e.g., identifying potential funding opportunities, writing relevant portions of grants, providing technical assistance);
4. Participation in relevant Network activities and meetings.
Deliverables include monthly meeting agendas and minutes for the data and evaluation committee meetings; quarterly data reports related to Network process & outcome measures; funder-defined data reports as needed; and approximately one grant-related project per quarter.
Minimum skills include:
1. Meeting facilitation skills as demonstrated through facilitating or chairing multiple meetings within the last year.
2. Data management, analysis, and reporting skills including the use of statistical software applications and web-enabled information management systems and demonstrated through at least 2 data-related reports produced within the last two years;
3. Grant writing skills, as demonstrated through 3 grant-related projects submitted within the last three years; and
4. Experience in homeless/housing-related policy, projects, programs and/or advocacy as demonstrated through at least three years applicable experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and two references by November 18, 2011 to: Pamela Schwartz, Network Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call with questions: 413-219-5658.