Two pieces of good news on newly available resources (also click here for easy print and reference):
- RAFT homelessness prevention funds are now available for single individuals at risk of homelessness, including unaccompanied homeless youth, people with disabilities and the elderly. To apply for resources, contact:
Hampden/Hampshire County: Way Finders, 413-233-1600
Franklin County: Franklin Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority, contact Amanda Watson at 413-863-9781 x 150
Berkshire County: Berkshire Housing Development Corporation, 413-499-1630
- Network re-housing and prevention fundsare now available through its FY18 $125,000 earmark that finally came through (huge thanks to our Western MA legislators for making it happen)! We are able to use virtually all of the funds for direct financial assistance. Please read below for a list of the resources and the way to access them.
- Rapid rehousing/prevention for 5-10 homeless/imminent risk households not eligible for EA or RAFT (may be families or individuals).
- Security deposits to 8-15 participants in the Springfield Housing Authority Chronic program, enabling them to move from current apartments and free those units up for current chronically homeless persons
Gandara Center: Contact the SHINE program at 413-654-1554
- Rental subsidies for 7 transition-age youth, ages 18-24, phased in between March – June, 2018
Three County – Hampshire, Franklin Berkshire Counties
Community Action: Call the Community Resources and Advocacy Program at one of four locations:
- Prevention funds that can be used for rent arrears, utility shut-off prevention or for move-in if the household must move and has located a new apartment. Households must be sustainable. Individuals and families at risk of homelessness are eligible if they earn up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline (HH1: $24,280, HH2: $32,920, HH3 $41,560, HH4: 50,200
DIAL/SELF: Contact Kelsey Wessels at email@example.com
- Flexible funds to preserve at-risk tenancies or cover move-in expenses for 7-10 youth/young adults 24 years of age and under.
Berkshire County Regional Housing Authority: Contact the Intake, Assessment and Screening Center 413-499-1630
- Flexible financial assistance for families and individuals who are at-risk of homelessness. Eligible uses may include: first/last month’s rent, security deposit, rent arrears, utility start-up costs, or other uses that will result in greater housing stability.