Community Legal Aid (CLA) announces its Education Law Project serving Franklin, Hampshire, and Berkshire Counties. CLA’s education law attorney will provide advice and assistance with the myriad COVID-related and other education issues families face now and in the future as schools reopen, including:
- accessing technological devices and internet connection for remote learning;
- accessing materials and information in the parent’s preferred language (information, notices, and academic materials);
- accessing special education instruction, accommodations, and services for students who are struggling, whether or not they have been diagnosed with a disability;
- disciplinary proceedings (such as suspensions and expulsions) or other removals from learning time;
- bullying; and
- barriers to school enrollment (such as lack of necessary documentation).
Families can apply for services by calling 855-CLA-LEGAL (855-252-5342) or applying on line at https://communitylegal.org/get-help/.