Check out this second installment of a great series on Envisioning Equity offered by the Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center, and featuring one of Western Massachusetts’ own, Keith Fairey of Way Finders. Read on for more and let’s learn together!
From Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center:
The pandemic and recession have created a new housing crisis across the Commonwealth as renters struggle to pay rent and homeowners struggle to meet their mortgage payments. But this crisis is hitting communities of color and low-income communities hardest, tearing the cover off long-standing, structural housing inequities.
Join us on Tuesday, October 6th from 4-5 pm to hear from our esteemed panel of housing experts. They will discuss housing policy challenges from the national, state, regional, and local perspectives and look at ways that antiracist policy choices can help build housing for a just recovery. The panel will include:
- Peggy Bailey, Vice President for Housing Policy, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Keith Fairey, President & CEO, Way Finders
- Lisa Owens, Executive Director, City Life/Vida Urbana
- Robert Terrell, Member, Roxbury Neighborhood Council
- Moderator Vanessa Calderón-Rosado, CEO, Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
- Host Marie-Frances Rivera, President, MassBudget