14th Annual Fair Housing + Civil Rights Conference Civil Rights Conference is offering the following workshop this Thursday:
The Color of Life in a Time of Crisis Workshop: Thinking Through Racial Disparities During COVID-19
Free Workshop Webinar Thursday, June 25th 12:00 PM to 1:30PM
The third in the Fair Housing and Civil Rights Conference’s series of virtual online workshops will be streamed live between 12:00 noon and 1:30 PM on Thursday June 25th. It will look at the disproportionate effect that the COVID-19 virus has had on people of color and what can be done to address it in a divided country.
In this free, online interactive workshop, the panelists who will explore the many ways in which racial disparities play out in today’s America will include:
- Dr. Davarian Baldwin (Trinity College): The Urban Contours of Racial Disparity Under COVID-19
- Dr. Matthew Clair (Stanford University): Mass Criminalization, Health and Racial Injustice
- Dr. Neenah Estrella-Luna (Salem State University): Latinx Communities in the Time of COVID: Essential, Invisible and Expendable
- Professor Anthony Farley (Albany Law School): Necropolitics and COVID-19
- Dr. Lingyan Yang (Indiana University): Sinophobia, A Dividing Idea for Post-Pandemic America and the World
Register today and access information will be emailed to you the day before the workshop.