Please join CHAPA and the Regional Housing Network of Massachusetts on May 20th from 10-11:30 AM for a free webinar on RAFT, a critical resource that is available to help low-income residents catch up on their rent and mortgage or cover other related expenses.
We will hear from experts on how to apply, who is eligible for assistance, what expenses RAFT can cover, changes to the program in response to COVID-19, and how RAFT can work with other local emergency rental assistance programs. We’ll also discuss advocacy efforts to expand and increase RAFT funding.
Speakers will include:
- The Honorable Kevin Honan, Co-Chair, Joint Committee on Housing
- Undersecretary Jennifer Maddox, Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
- Rafael Mares, The Neighborhood Developers
- Amy Mullen, DHCD
- Amanda Watson, Franklin County Regional Housing & Redevelopment Authority
- Shelly Goehring, Massachusetts Housing Partnership
- Stefanie Coxe, Regional Housing Network of Massachusetts
The webinar will have a facilitated Q&A session with the speakers via the Zoom chat feature. If you have specific questions regarding RAFT, we urge you to share them with us beforehand so we can do our best to cover them in the speaker presentations. Please email your RAFT questions to Abhi Kurve, Policy Associate.