The Core Group will be talking this morning to Bob Pulster, to finalize the budget and scope of services for our ICHH grant. This will enable us to go to contract.
The next step will be the hiring of a regional coordinator. The consultant we had in the fall, Elizabeth O’Donoghue, prepared a job description for the position, which has been tweaked a bit by the Core Group. The draft is attached below.
Did we get it right? Please provide us feedback on the job description, as well as your thoughts on what the hiring process should look like.
DRAFT JOB DESCRIPTION:
Job Title: Regional Coordinator
· Direct and coordinate the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of the Western Massachusetts Regional Coordinating Network (WMRCN).
· With the Convening Agency and Leadership Council Chair, enable and assist the WMRCN, and the Leadership Council in particular, to meet its governance and outcome goals for the 18 month period of the PILOT Program to be funded by the Massachusetts Interagency Council on Housing and Homelessness (ICHH).
· Provide WMRCN members with direction and leadership toward the achievement of the philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
· Build strong relationships between network partners and resolve conflicts between members.
· Build philosophical and financial support for the goals and objectives of the WMRCN, among WMRCN members, legislators, municipal leaders, and the public.
Reports to: Pioneer Valley Regional Venture Center (the 501(c) (3) arm of the Pioneer Valley Planning Center) (hereinafter “PVPC”), and the WMRCN Leadership Council
· Implement WMRCN initiatives as directed by Leadership Council and PVPC to support Leadership Council work to achieve desired outcomes and fulfillment of vision statement.
· Support operations and administration of Leadership Council by advising and informing Leadership Council members, interfacing between Leadership Council, PVPC and staff, and supporting Leadership Council’s self-evaluation of progress.
· Oversee implementation, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
· Represent the organization and its mission, programs, products and services, ensuring that these are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders, including community and public relations.
· Oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
· Other duties as required.
· Bachelors Degree is required, master’s degree preferred.
· At least five years’ experience in a related field.
· Ability to work with diverse constituencies.
· Demonstrated skills in several of the following key areas: Systems change; Organizing and creating a network; Public relations, marketing; Public speaking; Advocacy; Fundraising.