Attendance: Jane Banks, Dave Christopolis, Joanne Glier, Gerry McCafferty, Andrea Miller, Pamela Schwartz, Suzanne Smith, Liz Sullivan, Lynne Wallace
1. We discussed the agenda for the upcoming Leadership Council meeting on 12/16. It will include:
- note signing of Memorandum of Understanding between Pioneer Valley Regional Ventures Center and the Network
- review final draft of by-laws and approve
- share overview of accomplishments since September both in numbers served and network development
- committee reports (family services, individual services, data, community engagement)
- share and brainstorm vision for next 3 months
- elect chair and vice-chair of Council for new 1 year term
Lynne Wallace, current vice chair, has agreed to be nominated to serve as Chair. The committee brainstormed nominations for vice chair and arrived at unanimous agreement to nominate Father Stan Aksmit’s for this position. Father Stan is a member of the Leadership Council and a leader in Franklin County around homelessness prevention efforts. Lynne and Pamela will extend the invitation to Father Stan.
The Committee then discussed our workplan’s benchmarks in serving homeless families. We agreed that we need to revisit the “tier” designations in order to increase flexibility in serving the families most at risk of homelessness. Pamela agreed to follow up with DHCD and providers about this issue and report back.
Next meeting: Thursday, January 7, 2010, DMH Haskell Building, Northampton.