Data and Performance Evaluation Committee Meeting Minutes, 01/19/10
In Attendance: Tim Brennan, PVPC, Lori Ingraham, Easthampton Savings Bank, Charlie Knight, Network, Andrea Miller, CHD, John Klenakis, UMass Donahue Institute, Michael Doherty, Housing Court, Rob Fields, Housing Court, John Umile, Housing Court, Rebecca Muller, GrantsWork, Suzanne Smith, Network Data Analyst
1. Evaluation Plan Progress Report: Due to job changes and vacations Andrea and Suzanne have not met but will meet in the coming two weeks to discuss the integration of performance measures into the evaluation plan. They will send out plan via email for comments in the next two weeks. Committee discussed the PIT count to take place on January 27th. It is possible that data from this count could be compiled before the next data committee meeting but it is not guaranteed.
Action: Andrea and Suzanne will send proposed measurements by email within the next two weeks for feedback before the next meeting. Suzanne will contact Peg Keller about PIT count and encourage providers at individual and family services meetings to get their forms in ASAP.
2. 2. Update on Confidentiality Agreements: Suzanne reported on updates from ICHH on confidentiality of identifiable data. Data analyst needs personal identifiers in order to de-duplicate. After consulting with the DHCD legal department, ICHH has advised that confidentiality of identifiable data collected as part of the ICHH grants is protected under contracts DHCD has with the Convening Agencies. DHCD will make Suzanne an administrator of the online Uniform Assessment Tool so that she can easily access that information and integrate it with other data. Those agencies not using the online UAT (i.e. those using an HMIS) will be able to upload data into the backend. Discussion followed about the problems associated with having multiple data systems. It was suggested that the Steering Committee might take up the issue of seeking support from ICHH for our network efforts to cooperate and leverage existing resources. Action: Suzanne will call on subcommittee formed at last meeting to continue working towards eliminating barriers to data access. She will also take issue of multiple systems to Steering Committee.
3. Housing Court: Committee made additions to the Housing Court document, including a case number to allow for follow-up data collection. Rob announced the protocol for handling the Housing Court Record of Service forms. Forms will be available in a bin in the resource room at the court. They will be filled out and handed to the clerk at the end of the shift, who will store them for compilation. For the roughly 5000 cases per year, we will need an intern to enter the data. Action: Suzanne will send Housing Court Record of Service document out for one more round of feedback. Rob will follow up with email to providers once form is finalized on Friday. Suzanne will bring question of intern to Pam and Steering Committee, if appropriate.
4. MA DOC: Andrea reported on presentation on discharge planning and homelessness prevention interventions by a statistician from MA Department of Corrections (DOC) at the recent WMIC meeting. Andrea handed out data and charts on DOC releases to Western MA, by county. DOC is willing to tailor reports to our needs, which might offer opportunity to report on network’s efforts. We might also consider how HPRP funds can be used for people released to shelter. Action: Keep this item on upcoming agendas to revisit how we might collaborate with DOC and utilize data resources being offered.
5. 5. Performance Measurement: Review of quarterly report numbers of individuals and families served with ICHH funds. A quick look at entries and exit data distributed by ICHH. For lack of time, further inspection will be done by email. In future, this item will be put earlier on the agenda with numbers and charts distributed ahead of meeting for perusal.
Next Meeting: Tuesday February 23rd, 12:30 – 2:00, Housing Court, 37 Elm St., Springfield.