On January 15, the Network submitted to the Interagency Council on Housing and Homelessness its third quarter report for October – December, 2009. Highlights include:
- 105 families provided diversion, prevention and rehousing services.
- Provider agency staffing of DTA/DHCD offices established to provide DHCD agency staff support for diversion and prevention services.
- 8 chronically homeless individuals housed; 6 additional individuals with signed contracts to be housed imminently; 23 individuals actively enrolled in services leading to permanent housing.
- Over 80 providers serving chronically homeless individuals participating in monthly meetings across 4 counties to assess needs and obtain best match for services;.
- Additional and regularly scheduled provider staffing at the Housing Court in Springfield, resulting in tenancy preservation for both individuals and families.
- Awarded $33,300 by Citizens Bank to prevent/divert families from homelessness across region.
- Hired data analyst Suzanne Smith; implementation of data sharing and tracking systems underway.
- Coordinated publication of opinion editorials on Network mission in 4 major daily papers in 4 counties.
- Participated in television and print coverage of United Way of Pioneer Valley award of $60,000 to Network.
- Created regional directory of services for diversion/prevention/rehousing services for families and individuals.
- Convened regular monthly committee meetings of Family Services, Individual Services, Data and Performance Measurement, Community Engagement, and Steering Committee, involving a broad cross-section of Leadership Council and Network as a whole in collaborative planning and implementation.
Needless to say, it was a full and productive 3 months and our next quarter already promises more of the same with still greater impact. Thanks to you all for making it all possible.
Pamela Schwartz, Regional Coordinator