In attendance: Marissa Abel, CHD, Jaylin Abreu, CHD, Diana Canales, CHD, Sam Cunningham, ServiceNet, Erin Forbush, ServiceNet, Andy Klatka, Eliot CHS-Homeless Services, Jay Levy, Eliot CHS-Homeless Services, Kevin Noonan, Craig’s Doors, Pamela Schwartz, Network, Kate Shapiro, DMH, Chris Zabik, DMH
Coordinated Entry Update: Meetings ongoing. Work is continuing on Millers Falls’ units – hoping for 7-9 units open by end of January.
Point in Time Count: January 29. Important reminder that the count for unsheltered people will be taking place through the whole week of Jan. 29 (the HMIS data collection will take place on 1/29).
Shelter data: Reviewed data template. Agreed to add an additional data point: # of nights at capacity. Pamela will relay to Michelle. December data reported out thus far:
Northampton Cot Shelter:
21 unduplicated individuals – 8 people new; 8 turned away due to capacity; 31 extreme weather beds (mostly 2-4 beds on a given night)
Craig’s Doors: 50 unduplicated; 10 new; 14 turned away; 35 extreme weather beds
Winter Pittsfield:19 unduplicated; 12 new; 0 turned away
Greenfield winter warming:43 unduplicated; unclear on new; 0 turned away
Year-round Pittsfield shelter: 23 unduplicated; 10 new; 2 diverted; 3 housed; 27 wait list
Still need: Year-round Grove St-Northampton – Erin will provideYear-round Wells St – Erin will provide Pittsfield winter – Pamela will follow-up with Mike at Soldier On.
Pamela will be in touch with Michelle around compilation with an eye towards multi-month data review and analysis.
Section 811 Vouchers: Housing authorities are in process of working out preferences for allocation – HUD recently advised that use of the by-names list is not allowable (violates fair housing regulations), which means HAs must review and adjust their preferences in order to ensure these vouchers get to chronically homeless individuals. Meanwhile for providers: ensure clients to apply to all housing authorities (note: must address the fact that Northampton Housing Authority has a closed wait list).
Shelter Plus Care Update: 2 Shelter Plus Care vouchers available – have to be on by-names list and have to get DMH eligibility. Refer to Kate Shapiro for more info.
Network legislator meetings: The Network is hosting a series of legislators meetings with Network partners across each county to advocate for FY21 budget and policy priorities. Pamela is working with the Steering Committee on determining priorities (after Governor’s budget is released). She will report back to committees prior to final version. If interested in learning more or participating, contact Pamela
Elder Homelessness Community Conversation – Friday, Jan. 17, 1- 4 pm, Northampton Senior Center – all are welcome! One hope out of this session is thoughts on organizing a pilot housing program for elders experiencing homelessness.
Other upcoming trainings/events:
- Housing/Homelessness Budget and Policy Advocacy Training – Jan. 28, 9:30-12 noon, Kittredge Center, HCC (note post training: see PowerPoint presentation here)
- Brown Bag Lunch Discussion: Overcoming Housing Search and Housing Stability Challenges, facilitated by Kate Shapiro, DMH, Every Third Thursday of the month, beginning March 19, 12:30 – 1:30 pm, DMH Haskel Building, 2nd floor conference room
- Career Services Resource Fair – March 25, 10 am – noon, Northampton Community Arts Trust, Northampton. See flyer here.
- SSI/SSDI Training – April 16, 9 am – 12 noon, Kittredge Center, HCC – Register here
- Housing People with Sex Offense Histories Training – April 30, 9:30 am – 12 noon, Kittredge Center, HCC (registration form to be released shortly)
Next meeting date: Monday, Feb. 10, 1 pm – 2:30 pm, ServiceNet, 21 Olander Drive, Northampton