Community Engagement Committee Meeting Minutes – 2/15/11
In attendance: Father Stan Aksamit, Our Lady of Peace Parish, Jane Banks, Center for Human Development, Sylvia deHaas-Phillips, United Way of Pioneer Valley, David Gadaire, Career Point, Andrew Morehouse, Food Bank of Western Mass., Pamela Schwartz, network coordinator
Taking stock of community engagement mission: Agreed to recommit to priority of educating broader community around housing first.
List of target populations:
- Hunger summit every Sept.
- Hampden/Hampshire County Realty Associations (Jane B)
- all chambers, rotaries, civic groups
- clergy groups
- councils of churches, interfaith councils
- regional school superintendent groups
- credit unions
- new businesses
To do prior to engagements:
- Create coordinated message, talking points;
- Create action steps for audience, e.g., how to volunteer, how to advocate, how to get involved.
Sylvia will reach out to other United Ways re: their community connections. Pamela will pursue Paul Robbins for LC membership (said would consider joining last December) – would be a great link to marketing aspect of Network mission.
Each committee member will email Pamela by Friday 3/4 with an outreach target.
Next meeting: Monday, April 11, 8:30-10:00 am, DMH Haskell Building