First, a heartfelt thanks to Dr. Evan Dobelle and Westfield State College for their incredibly generous (and nourishing!) hosting of our Leadership Council meeting on December 16. Dr. Dobelle completed his one year term as Chair of the Leadership Council at this last meeting, and we are so thankful for his leadership and his service!
On that note, we also ushered in a new term of leadership: Welcome to our new Chair, Lynne Wallace, vice-president of operations of Dietz & Co. Architects and Vice Chair Father Stan Aksamit, pastor of Our Lady of Peace Parish in Turners Falls and a leader in the Franklin County Interfaith Council. Lynne formerly served as Vice Chair and Father Stan has been a member of the Council from the start. The Leadership Council unanimously voted for Lynne and Father Stan – we are so lucky to have your leadership!
Finally (before the minutes), please mark your calendars for the next 2 meeting dates:
Thursday, April 15
Department of Mental Health, Haskell Building
1 Prince Street
Wednesday, July 21
10 -1 pm
location in Berkshire County TBD
Thanks and wishing you all a restful holiday season and a Happy New Year!
Summary Minutes of 12/15/09 Leadership Council Meeting (full minutes will be distributed by Pioneer Valley Planning Commission prior to the next meeting):
Attendance: Gerry McCafferty, Liz Sullivan, Dave Christopolis, Jane Banks, Rebecca Muller, Suzanne Smith, Father Stan Aksamit, John Klenakis, Dave Modzelewski, Michael Konig, Brad Gordon, Peg Keller, Andrea Miller, Andrew Morehouse, John O’Brien, Martha Ceplikas, Lori Ingraham, Sylvia DeHaas, Sarah Page, Joanne Glier, Lynne Wallace, Erica Johnson, Pat Auchard, Jay Sacchetti, Sharon Martin
- By-laws accepted. Agreement to amend to include permission for electronic voting (via email) – this will be brought to the next LC meeting for approval.
- Allocation of $30,300 grant from Citizens Bank will be decided by Steering Committee, with input from family providers.
- Discussion of overall progress in serving families and individuals (click here for Network update). Agreement to revisit tier designations in family contracts to allow for greater flexibility. Steering Committee will guide decisionmaking around contract amendments.
- Nomination and election of new Council chair, Lynne Wallace, and vice chair, Father Stan Aksamit.
- Presentation by John O’Brien, regional coordinator of US ICHH. Discussion of 2010 federal budget bills on housing and the federal focus on ending veteran homelessness (click here for budget material).
- Presentation by Sarah Page of HAP on supportive housing production initiative for the state and region. To obtain a copy of the report, please contact Sarah at email@example.com.
- Decision to rotate meeting locations across region and agreement on new LC meeting dates so they are in sync with ICHH timing for quarterly reports.